POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : axis of rotation - confused : axis of rotation - confused Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  axis of rotation - confused
From: frankly
Date: 23 Dec 2007 18:11:23
Message: <476eeb1b@news.povray.org>
Hi, I have an object which is basically a 3D disc.
I can rotate it 360 degrees with the disc starting face on and
the axis of rotation being the vertical one and central at the front of the
disc depth (z direction)

This causes the disc not to spin correctly (it oscillates) and I would like
to set it so that the axis is through the vertical but also the centre of
the disc z-wise

I am using an ini file to build the frames of the animation (given below)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Antialias=On
Antialias_Threshold=0.5
Antialias_Depth=5
Input_File_Name=Discus
Initial_Frame=1
Final_Frame=20
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=1
Cyclic_Animation=on
Pause_when_Done=off
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
in the main Discus pov file includes the line
 object{Disc scale 22 rotate <0,360*clock 0> translate < -21.35, -0.3, 100>}
// also tried this -
//object{Disc scale 22 rotate<0,-360*(clock+0.025),0> translate
< -21.35, -0.3, 100>)
I cannot for the life of me understand how I can change the y axis z value?

Could any of you kind and clever people please help me ?

Kind Regards,

Simon